This blog topic was inspired by a Regina Spektor song ("That Time") that I listened to on my iPod today at work. (I love Regina Spektor; she's awesome!) The song is basically a collection of random reminiscences--each line beginning with, "Hey, remember that time when...." (Examples from the song: Hey, remember that time when all I would read was shakespeare? Hey, remember that time when all I would read was the back of cereal boxes? Hey, remember that time when all I would eat was boxes of tangerines?) So basically, I'm just going to list some random bits of my life in that form, even though none of you guys will remember any of those times. Sound good? No? Too bad. That's what I'm doing.
Hey, remember that time when I....
- fell down two flights of stairs in front of all my peers?
- went door-to-door with my best-friend selling microwaved, ketchup-ed slices of hotdogs for twenty bucks when I was five?
- stayed up ALL night reading the seventh Harry Potter book and had it read before it had been out for a full twenty-four hours?
- really, really enjoyed the song, "Tell Me What You Want" by the Spice Girls?
- was terrified by a deranged, drunk, homeless man in the London Underground who looked EXACTLY like how I picture Mundungus Fletcher in the Harry Potter books?
- joined YouTube just so I could subscribe to vlogbrothers and the two 5AG channels, and then ended up making my own videos and joining a collab channel?
- watched The Little Mermaid and Beauty & the Beast EVERY DAY?
- took gymnastics as a child and sprained my ankle on parents night?
- almost beat my dad at chess?
- was driving to my first ever figure skating class and was late because I passed the rink and went through two other cities before noticing I wasn't in the right place any more?
- took piano lessons for two years and then quit because I hated practicing and then proceeded to love playing the piano later in life for relaxation?
- listened to nothing but Frank Sinatra for several weeks?
- listened to nothing but The Beatles for several weeks?
- first realized I was in love with everything Jane Austen?
- became obsessed with the "CRAZY CORES!" flavored Skittles? And was super upset that I couldn't find them in the big bags? (Oh wait that was today.)
- wrote a blog about random things I remember from my past? (That, too.)
Under-Appreciated Vocabulary Word of the Day:
frolicsome (adj): full of high-spirited fun; playful